An FAQ category is like a folder in which you can organize FAQs that are related or share some context. Categories make it easier for users to find the FAQ they are looking for. For example : If you were a Saas company you would want to create a ‘Pricing’ category and put all your pricing related FAQs under that.
To create a new FAQ category:
- Click on the ‘+ Add Category’ in the left pane; the ‘Add Category’ modal will open up on right.
- Enter an apt title for the category. This is what your user would see. Like ‘Pricing’ , ‘Support’ etc. Upload an image for the category and try to have icons from a same theme to make them look nice and pretty :)
- Select the platforms (android, iOS and web) on which you want this category and its FAQs to be shown.
- If you are in the process of writing FAQs under a particular category, you can choose to hide this category and its FAQs from your users by checking ‘Save as Draft’ checkbox’.
- When you are ready for the outside world to see this category and the FAQs under it you can publish it.